The Grand Mayan - Grand Mayan horrible experience.

I was recovering from cancer, and specifically a stem cell transplant when I attended an intense, many hour sales presentation at Grand Mayan. Long story short, every time I started to leaved, they kept offering better deals.

Exhausted, I believed their lies and gave them $20. 6 weeks later (how long it took to gain full membership-access to their system), I realized I’d been had. I immediately protested, to no avail. Several years later, I managed to retrieve 5K only when I agreed to a much depleted membership.

I HAVE NEVER STAYED THERE. I am nearly 80 years old. I have had endured a 2nd bout of cancer. I have pleaded with them because I desperately need my money back (Instead they offered me a trip to Europe, when it is obvious I’m unable to travel).

I’ve never used their facilities. I find them heartless.

Review about: The Grand Mayan Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

If I understand your complaint, you were well enough to accept the lovely buffet breakfast and gifts, yet far too ill to be held accountable for your actions. Article 56 provides 5 business days (not 6 weeks) to rescind your decision to purchase a timeshare.

Happy Vacations!

to PEMCO #1427388

I was recovering from cancer treatment was understably exhausted and feeling ill by end of that long day. Yes, they give 5 days to rescind BUT you don’t receive authorization to get into the system to actually see the plan for much much longer.

Absolutely no buffet or any such thing was a part of the presentation. You know absolutely nothing of my experience, but seem to have the strange belief that you do.

I’m almost 70 (not 80) years old!

I paid them 20K. (NOT $20)

View more comments

The Grand Mayan - Really! Try and book your vacation.

Av. Paseo de las Moras, Fracc. Náutico Turístico, 63735 Nuevo Vallarta, NAY, Mexico 2 comments

Today is July 01,2017 and after approximately two hours and fifty minutes on the telephone we as "MEMBERS" are completely upset. We tried to book 4 weeks in a one bedroom at the Grand Mayan, NV because rule is we have to book 6 months in advance.

THEY REFUSED! We are permitted to book our registered week six months in advance, but only the "registered" week. The other weeks have to be booked 4 months in advance. We live in Canada and if we book a vacation we must have a guarantee that we have a place to stay.

We have to book our airline ticket and need CONFIRMED dates. Last year we booked 5 weeks without issue. My opinion is since Vida started to market Cirque du Soleil they find having "timeshare members" an accommodation issue. We were needed to fund their business, for instance; they sold us a Bliss membership before the ground was broken.

They GUARANTEED it would be ready for the following year. DID NOT HAPPEN.

Today they sent the following confirmation and I attach to prove that we are not scam artists (more than I can say for the Vida conglomeration. Reservation Number: Nights Stay: 7 Check-In Date: 05:00 PM CST 01/01/2018 Unit Type: The Grand Mayan One Bedroom Suite Check-Out Date: 10:00 AM CST 01/08/2018 Guest Name: Destination: The Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta

Comments

Did the week you attempted to book include New Year's Day? Are you an ELITE owner (First-Serve is reserved for Christmas, New Years, and Easter Holy Week).

If you are a RED owner, you are not automatically entitled to book those time periods, however, as the designated date comes closer, RED members are allowed to book those dates with an upgrade fee.

Didn't Vidanta Resorts offer some form of compensation for their inability to open your purchased building according to schedule? If not, ask for a certificate (it is included in The VidaLifestyle webpage.

It has occurred to me that in early July you may have been attempting to book adjacent weeks after the two confirmed weeks referenced in your complaint.

If so, those weeks (according to Vidanta rules) cannot be booked until 6 months before the date of usage. So you should request those weeks later in the moth.

North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1353317

At Vidanta Resorts (aka Vida Vacations) your purchase package includes Registered Weeks and Privilege Weeks. Vidanta can sell a unit 51 times (there are 52 weeks in a year).

You are assuming you have a right to occupy any of the units at any Vidanta location within your tier (Grand Luxxe, Grand Bliss, Bliss Resorts (only available at certain locations), the Grand Mayan, and Mayan Palace). Vidanta sells each Registered Week 51 times. Thus, you have up to 50 competitors for each registered week occupancy. You might want to travel during week 7 (February), but the first available unassigned week may be in week 13.

Vidanta enters into contracts with organizations like Expedia.com and Bookings.com, with a guarantee to make a specific number of units available at a specific price (there are multiple variables in price determination).

From the total number of units constructed and maintained, Vidanta: (1) subtracts the registered week intervals, (2) subtracts the units assigned for Vidanta promotions; and (3) subtracts the units contracted with dot.com and other travel agencies. This leaves the total units on any given week available as Privilege Weeks.

Vidanta may tell you they have no units available for occupancy.

If you contact them at a later date, some of those unavailable units may become available.

Vidanta's contract with the dot.coms and other travel agencies in all probability includes a provision where the travel agency may relinquish unsold units at various predetermined intervals. As those units are relinquished by the travel agency, they become available as Privilege Weeks.

Over time fewer Privilege Weeks will be available at any given location, as more Registered Weeks are sold.

Re: The Grand Mayan aka Vidanta Riviera Maya: Felt like prison at Times

Carretera Federal Cancún-Playa del Carmen Km. 48, 77710 Riviera Maya, Q.R., Mexico 2 comments
3.4
Quality of Food

The 'compound' grounds were beautiful, food was great, people were friendly, but when it came to getting around, or getting directions, and/or getting your car, it was a disgrace. Felt like I was a prisoner within the compound.

Shuttles, Color-Coded, were frequent, but when you call concierge or driver of a shuttle to ascertain how to get from Point A to Point B was maddening and not always told the same Color Shuttle to get to A to B. It felt like mass transit in slow motion and no air conditioning. Also, all rooms at The Grand Mayan that faced the Shuttle path/street, was LOUD as Shuttles ran from 7am until after midnight. Felt like we were on a freeway.

We asked to be moved across the hall to the side where there was no Shuttle transports all a.m./p.m. We were told at 10am that the Room across the Hall was vacated. We were not allowed to actually 'move' our luggage, etc. until after 5pm!

Also, our car was NOT kept at The Grand Mayan Hotel where we stayed. (There are five hotels within the compound.) Cars were held at a separate lot and two Shuttles had to be taken to get to your car. Insane. We had to take TWO shuttles each time/way to get/return our car.

Also, each time, both ways, it was intimated we had to 'tip'. Again, insane. Coming and going from the compound, was like being interrogated. We had to check-in and check-out at a gated entrance each time.

Vidanta did NOT provide a rearview mirror tag to designate a vehicle parked in compound to make coming and going much smoother. We would always have to repeat our room number multiple times because Attendants at entry/departure gate did not always know single-digit English numbers, such as 1-5-6-3. Again, insane. We have been to playa del Carmen over six different trips.

Vidanta is not an all inclusive property.

We/I will never return to this property. Also, beach area was full of corral and not appropriate for getting in water in most places, except the immediate shoreline of about one foot of water.

Reason of review: Transport at facility, etc. as outlined.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Have to totally agree, vidanta is a tourist prision. I'm a ultra runner, and I knocked over several people trying to run their pathetic "running trails" it was like containing a cheetah in a cage with a bunch of small animals, of course someone was going to get hurt.

So Vidanta Resorts is like a prison. I have visited a distant relative in prison, and his accommodations were far less luxurious than any of Vidanta's compounds. I agree that ground transportation is slow at Vidanta's Mayan Riviera property, but when I am on vacation I'm in no hurry.

The Grand Mayan - Grand Mayan Timeshare Scam

My wife and I were on vacation in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, and stayed at The Grand Mayan . We went to a timeshare presentation.

Unfortunately I felt for it and I am very sorry that I attend to their 90 minutes presentation, which turned out to be more like 5 hours of high pressure selling strategy they use to sell one of their units. We paid them 6500 and our relatives paid them 5500. When we were to return to the States we were supposed to send a wire for an additional 2500.We were desperate for help once we arrived home from Mexico and found out we had been scammed. One day, my wife found the services of Mexican Timeshare Solutions online while trying to find someone who would rent our Grand Mayan weeks.

We were tired of having to keep paying the monthly maintenance fee as it was like throwing good money after bad. The process took about 6 months but my timeshare contract is cancelled. I did verify the cancellation directly with the resort before submitting payment to Mexican Timeshare Solutions. Fortunately we are free from this contract.

DO NOT ATTEND ANY PRESENTATIONS AT THE GRAND MAYAN, MAYAN PALACE OR ANY RESORTS OWNED BY VIDANTA/VIDA VACATIONS. THEIR SOLE PURPOSE IS TO RUN TIMESHARE/VACATION PACKAGE SCAMS

Comments

Another silly ad for Mexican Timeshare Solutions. The same one you posted on Redweek yesterday. Why not tell everyone how much it cost to "cancel" your timeshare?

The Grand Mayan - Simple Review #1486935353

3.5
Cleanliness
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

5 words won't do ..stay away from the sale team...lies about prices. Paid twice for the legal fees to sell your time share.u pay the trasfer fee After its transferred.

I already paid 2150 us and now have to pay 2259us again lies lie lie They a crooked. Posted February 2017m read fine print front and back

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

The Grand Mayan - Grand Mayan Timeshare Scam

We purchased a timeshare at the Grand Mayan San Jose Del Cabo . Upon receiving our papers we noticed there were many fees involved that we were not made aware of.

The sales representative misrepresented what the contract/membership entailed. we had been trying to get out of the timeshare and they were saying its too late to cancel it. Seeking legal means of timeshare contract cancellation. we found a company called Mexican Timeshare Solutions that seemed reliable, Very skeptical about our latest experience.

we decided to contact them. The process was very simple; I provided them with everything they needed and cooperated with them to help them do their job.

They were always quick to answer my e-mails and phone calls in a very friendly, professional manner. Fortunately we got and we are free of maintenances fees.

anitabaken wrote the review because of not as described at The Grand Mayan. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants The Grand Mayan to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by The Grand Mayan and the grand mayan vacation ownership for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

#1420462

When your contract was signed, didn't you sign or initial each page itemizing the fees? If so, how can you say you were not made aware of these fees?

I understand the presentations and price negotiation frequently consume 4 to 7 hours of your time. However, it is your responsibility to thoroughly review any and all documents requiring your signature.

Iggyearl

This is the same post you made on Redweek. Why not be moral and pay for advertising instead of dropping names on a complaint site.

Try going to TUG and posting this garbage. See what happens then.

The Grand Mayan - Simple Review #1476816624

Going through same mess as we bought the services contract only in 2015. Sometimes a lot of wrangling (squeaky wheel gets the grease) is necessary, but it should not be.

I will not sign on again and yes the same representations were made to us. Good Luck!!!

Review about: Nvpd Contract Vacation Privileges.

The Grand Mayan - WORST COMPANY EVER - DO NOT BUY WITH VACATION PRIVILEGES!!!!

Vacaville, California 3 comments

We were approached by the most smooth talking saleswoman ever. The customer service is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE WASTED SO MUCH MONEY!!!!! They lied about what we would get for our money (dropped the price from $47,000 to $1,700 - that should have been our #1 hint). Now if I ever need to book, I wait over two hours on the phone, get TRANSFERRED, THEN TRANSFERRED AGAIN ETC. It's an entire DAY just to get through.

They are a JOKE.

We have YET to go on vacation because "nothing seems to work out," "nothing's available" the prices are terrible. Oh, please just DON'T DO IT!!!!

jennilynne wrote the review because of not as described at The Grand Mayan. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants The Grand Mayan to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Comments

Vidanta was an amazing resort. The presentation was ver long, but in the end we got a great deal $6800 and got out of our horrible Royal Sunset timeshare.

Jamie Benner was my sales rep and she was wonderful and professional. Everyone has a different experience; we share our good experiences too!

San Diego, California, United States #1215396

They lie. Worst company EVER.

JAMIE BENNER is a liar.

She will say anything to get a sale. I regret stepping foot in this place.

North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1213800

I think you are comparing apples with oranges. $47,000 appears to be the price of a studio unit for 100 years.

To clarify, $47,000 is the purchasing price for a studio, in addition you would be required to pay the annual maintenance fee for each use during the 100 years of ownership. $1,700 is most a sales incentive offer (you would receive accommodations for a week at any of the Vidanta Resorts (most likely a studio or a 1 bedroom) AND you would be required to attend a sales meeting (where the sales representative would attempt to sell you a regular membership at a locked-in price)). At the end of your redemption of the single use year certificate, you would receive no further benefits (if you decide not to purchase a regular membership). By the way, $1,700 for a single week of use is still far below the rate paid by hotel guests for a week.

You CANNOT expect availability during peak weeks (US Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and Easter).

Units may not be available, when there is a convention booked at the resort.

The Grand Mayan - Nightmare with a Texan

Clarksville, Ohio 0 comments

My husband and I went to Puerto Vallarta in 2004 we got hit with the timeshare, the thing that got my husband was a story of the Salesman grandfather that bought 2 Units and was renting them and had already bought himself a new tractor. Well we get back to the USA and listed our with 2 of the companies they recommended no luck. So in 2005 we go back to Puerto Vallarta sat thru the same time share just to see the Texan that lied to us, there is not enough space on here to tell you all what we have been thru, they stole from us, when you lie that is stealing, miss leading, fee's that we paid.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with The Grand Mayan. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about The Grand Mayan.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Hotels and Resorts category for more informed decision or compare The Grand Mayan to other companies on our site.

The Grand Mayan - DON'T FALL FOR THE LIES

Chesterfield, Missouri 1 comment
Cleanliness
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

BEWERE OF ALL THE LIES OF THIS VACATION PRIVILEGES.

Last summer July 2015 I went vacation to Puerto Penasco, Sonora, Mexico, when you are walking around the shopping center of this city there is people inviting you to a free breakfast to some new resort that is in construction right now, trying to sell you condominiums, after they were not successful in their first try, at the door someone stop you because they really want to take your money tell in you lies, is the way they can take away your money because if they tell you the true nobody will buy, the reason that I buy it is because they say I can go anywhere and stay for one week in a 5 star hotel and pay the amount of 399.00 for the hole week and not to long ago I call and ask about it and they said no that is not true, and she is trying to telling me that I am making this up and on top of that she is trying to sale more on the phone trying to charge 2,000 dlls, all I want is my money back. BEWERE, BEWERE, BEWERE.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $2000. This person is overall dissatisfied with The Grand Mayan. The most disappointing about the grand mayan vacation ownership at The Grand Mayan was being scammed Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about The Grand Mayan.

North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1214605

$399 most likely would provide 7 nights accommodations at a nice resort during low season.